Avionics Technician SR - Colorado Springs, CO
PDS Tech is seeking a Senior Avionics Technician, in Colorado Springs, CO. Summary:
- Performs inspections, make adjustments and repairs, replaces components, and corrects any malfunctions or deficiencies with and without power applied to aircraft.
- Performs aircraft avionics maintenance in accordance with applicable technical data, SOPs and FAA/JAA regulations.
- Accesses, removes and re-installs aircraft components including mechanical and electrical which obstruct the performance of assigned repair/replace tasks.
- Assists with repairs on off-aircraft components such as switch panels, circuit breaker panels, and junction boxes.
- Performs basic mechanical and electrical removals and installations.
- Performs troubleshooting of all avionics/mission systems(as applicable) installed on the aircraft.
- Documents work performed.
- Fabricates parts/wire harness and installs per engineering drawings and instructions.
- Assists in troubleshooting off-aircraft components such as switch panels, circuit breaker panels, and junction boxes.
- Complies with all environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks such as cleaning aircraft using approved materials, methods and equipment.
- Assists in updating and completion of work orders and operation details; assists with on-going maintenance tasks when avionics specific tasks are complete.
- Analyzes and develops solutions to complex electronic problems.
Education/Experience & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- 5+ years related experience.
- Maintenance experience on DoD aircraft preferred.
- FCC License preferred.
- FAA repair station experience is desired.
- Knowledge of reading, interpreting drawings, diagrams, and manuals; aircraft avionics/other systems; wire coding systems; avionics test equipment;
- Knowledge of manuals necessary to perform job; skilled using basic hand tools, operate ground support equipment, troubleshoot engine electrical/electronic systems, and measuring using a variety of basic and precision measuring devices relating to job function.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all clients Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external).
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs, work on knees, bend, crouch, and reach overhead.
- This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
- Clients job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.