Avionics Technician Apprentice (145 Repair Station)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accomplishing all work assigned to him/her in accordance with policies, procedures and specifications as set forth in the Company's and the manufacturers#8217; manuals and with provisions of the Federal Air Regulations;
- Properly signing, recording and assuming responsibility for all work he/she performs as described in the RSM;
- Owning and maintaining a basic set of standard and metric aircraft quality tooling sufficient or specific for the shop or floor area in which he/she is assigned;
- Properly and efficiently using all Company tools, parts, equipment and materials;
- If work is to continue to a following shift, providing a detailed and complete report of work progression for tie in with his/her relief;
- Keeping up to date with manual changes, policy changes and rules concerning general conduct.
- Maintaining an attitude of alertness concerning possible unsafe or hazardous practices by him/her or other personnel which might be injurious to life or property;
- Maintaining a clean, safe and orderly work area to include personal and shop equipment;
- Ensuring the Shop Lead or designee, is immediately aware of aircraft irregularities (i.e. major maintenance discrepancies, project schedule delays, record discrepancies or emergencies).
- Read and understand drawings, schematics, aircraft manuals, etc;
- Motivated, Self-Starter capable of maintaining an efficient work pace;
- Be able to work both as part of a team as well as independently;
- Be flexible as this job requires travel to include International as needed;
- Be able to work overtime as required;
- Willing to relocate to Lake Charles;
- Three (3) to five (5) years Avionics/Electrical experience required;
- Must be willing and able to get a Passport and Visa as required.
Our compensation structure is designed to make Era an attractive employer and very competitive within the industry. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes an employer sponsored 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.Equal Opportunity Employer