Avionics - Electrical Mechanics - Moses Lake, WA
PDS Tech is looking for Electrical Mechanics for open positions in our Moses Lake, WA location.Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Service, repair, troubleshoot and modify aircraft systems.
- Repair, replace and rebuild , system and functional components.
- Assemble and install electrical, components and accessories using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust, align and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges and test equipment.
- Research and understand FAA technical data relevant to assigned tasks.
- Maintain the premises in a clean and organized manner.
- Remove and/or install aircraft components, test IAW MM, and troubleshoot aircraft systems.
- Strong knowledge in FAA regulations, Aviation Rules (FOD#8217;s, Safety, Quality, Hazardous Materials, Aircraft Marshalling), aerodynamics, aircraft electrical systems, materials science, aircraft maintenance, electrical testing, instrumentation, gas turbine and piston power plants.
- Good leadership (individual contributor) presence:
- Able to lead by example and live/work by company values.
- Ability to successfully contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
- Able to instill a sense of urgency in team members.
- Able to be patient and objective in difficult situations with different types of people.
- Good customer service tool box:
- Professional mannerisms, appearance and actions (self-confident and committed to high ethics).
- Strong follow-through, quick thinking and resourceful.
- Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations.
- Strong sense of urgency to address and solve important issues.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills:
- Able to multi-task, maintain focus on several different projects at one time and hit deadlines.
- Able to be flexible with attention and priority.
- Ability to work in a progressive, fast-paced environment (work well under pressure).
- Good analytical skills, with an ability to troubleshoot, problem-solve and effectively and efficiently make decisions.
- Good communication skills (oral, written) with customers.
- Act as an active listener, seeking to understand and then to be understood, articulating clearly and confidently.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels. Ability to influence others as well as relate to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Good project management skills, including the ability to take ownership for accomplishing assigned tasks. Results-oriented planner who ensures that goals are met. Able to set priorities and keep to projected schedules.
- Computer Skills: Comfortable and effective working in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Associate#8217;s Degree (or Technical School equivalent) in Aircraft Maintenance or related field from an FAA accredited school A&P Certificate preferred
- 4+ Years Regional or Commercial Aircraft Experience in an MRO environment
- High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years#8217; related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.(HS Diploma or GED required).
- PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.