AP Mechanics - Fort Lauderdale, FL
STS Technical Services is Hiring A&P Mechanics in Fort Lauderdale, Florida!
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
Examines, repairs, assembles, and tests aircraft accessories, such as engines, power brake units, auxiliary electric motors, carburetors, spark igniters, valves, pumps, fuselage, wings, and oil and fuel tanks, using hand tools and testing devices, and following shop orders and manufacturer's specifications.
- Performs routine inspections or special maintenance to prevent failures of aircraft mechanical systems and components; performs complete operations checks on hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, plumbing, precision assemblies, rigging and controls, etc.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme, quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures necessary parts from Stores or departmental supplies
- Repairs, reworks, and modifies worn or defective assemblies, making alterations or changes to units when necessary
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturer's (OEM's) technical data, and work package instructions
- Consults the Maintenance Lead if technical assistance is needed during the repair process
- Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework; performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping after finishing all designated operations
- Submits completed/in-progress work to Maintenance Lead for review; submits to Quality Assurance for final/in progress inspection and recertification of airworthiness
- Provides supervisor with performance statistics and other operational data, as requested
- Properly accounts for time and materials used in all inspection and maintenance activities
- High School/ GED
- A&P and / structures experience a plus
- A & P License; minimum 2 to 5 years#8217; experience with small aircraft/ general aviation trained in one aircraft type; proficient and demonstrated skill with the aircraft
- Several years or actual and recent depot level aircraft maintenance and repair experience is required, (repair of mechanical systems, components, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, rigging etc.); proficiency with interpretation of original equipment manufacturer#8217;s technical data or work package instructions; experience using power or pneumatic hand tools
- Assignments require Standard Knowledge of a Technical Area
- Rapid learning and application of new information and concepts within the Technical Area begins to take place at this level
- Performs moderately complex Technical Assignments
- Assists Advanced Level Technicians on more complex technical assignments
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repairs and maintenance
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you#8217;re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.