Airframe and Power Plant Maintenance Technician/Mechanic
We are currently looking to hire all levels of experience of FAA Certified A&P Maintenance Technicians/Mechanics. Those currently obtaining their FAA A&P Certification and are seeking an internship are also encouraged to apply. The A&P Technician#8217;s primary responsibility is to maintain the assigned aircraft in a safe condition to fly by servicing, repairing, and troubleshooting systems including airframes, engines, electrical and hydraulic systems, avionics equipment and aircraft instruments. Responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
- Ensure the safety and security of all clients and passengers aboard an aircraft and/or at the airport.
- Identify and execute minor structural and composite material repairs as needed.
- Execute directives concerning scheduled and unscheduled inspections/repairs.
- Monitor all repair related functions for the specified aircraft that are performed by a repair station to ensure the work is performed as outlined by the aircraft and client#8217;s quality control manuals.
- Accomplish maintenance checks, including line & service checks and non-routine heavy maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair aircraft systems, engine, electrical and avionics malfunctions.
- Complete logbooks, non-routine work cards, and documents, in accordance with General Maintenance Manuals and other regulatory or client specific operating procedure specifications.
- Become familiar with and follow the requirements of the Repair Station Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, airworthiness directives, advisory circulars, manufacturers#8217; service bulletins, and any other guidelines required to perform assigned work.
- Perform maintenance operations related to the removal and replacement of aircraft and power plant components that require bolting, torqueing, adjusting, rigging and safety wiring to include power plant and flight control removal/installation.
- Troubleshoot, repair, clean, service, inspect, modify, replace and/or overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems using approved data to ensure airworthiness.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform work within estimated hours.
- Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
- Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
- Assist or direct other employees in the performance of their job assignments as needed.
- Interface effectively with members of management, other departments and co-workers.
- Conduct detailed inspections between take-offs and landings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid and current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate (License).
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, diagrams and work cards.
- Be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- A valid state driver's license.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Be able to read, speak, and understand English.
- Have at least 5 years maintenance experience - preferably Part 145 or 121.
- 2 years of experience as a jet engine technician.
- Knowledge of Federal Air Regulations, specifically as they pertain to Part 145.
- Working knowledge of precision measuring tools -- calipers, micrometer, etc.
- Previous inspection experience preferred.
- Engine shops experience.
- Borescope Inspection experience preferred.
- Availability to work any shift, schedule, or overtime as needed.
- Ability to obtain Airport Badges with US Customs Seal.
- This position could potentially be located anywhere within the continental United States. Please apply if you are qualified, and are currently or in the future, interested in being considered for this position.
- Applying for a position with In-Flight Crew Connections LLC, if selected for the role, entails becoming an employee of our company. Being an employee of IFCC allows for you to be placed on the desired contract or permanent assignments with any of IFCC#8217;s clients.