Aircraft Maintenance Mentor
Special Applications Group, LLC (SAG) is seeking candidates to provide UH-60M Technical Assistance Field Team (TAFT) services to Taiwan Army (TA). Positions are contingent upon task order award.
SAG is a values-based, Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that is committed to sustaining a highly skilled, diverse workforce that is capable of safely achieving challenging defense and security assistance objectives worldwide. We offer very competitive professional compensation and robust benefits.
APPROXIMATE START DATE
* 5 Mar (SATTOC) / 21 Mar (start work in Taiwan)
* Xinshe, Taiwan (near Taichung)
* Trains, advises, assists, and supports TA on all aspects of UH-60M aircraft maintenance performed by a U.S. Army 15T.
* Performs hands on demonstration and detailed explanation of maintenance tasks.
* Conduct both formal and informal training (both flight and academic) on UH-60M aircraft procedures, mission training tasks, tactical employment techniques, and weapons engagement procedures to build combat readiness within the TA.
* Conduct the informal training/mentorship normally performed by U.S. Army Instructor Pilots, Examiners, Technicians, and NCOs in U.S. Army UH-60M units.
* Advise TA personnel on all aspects of UH-60M training and tactical operations.
* Lend experience and expertise to TA to help develop effective collective training programs and tactical Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
* Perform critical functions for TA while TA personnel build the experience necessary to safely perform these duties. This includes TAFT Instructor Pilots performing as Standardization Instructor Pilots for TA.
* The Senior Instructor Pilot/Site Lead will be responsible for leading a team of instructor pilots that will provide foreign national pilots with Mission/Collective/Operational training to further develop aircrews operating the UH-60M.
* Responsible for managing all TAFT contractors, assigning tasks, and shall serve as the primary TAFT coordinator with TA and USG personnel.
* The team will conduct both formal and informal training (both flight and academic) on UH-60M aircraft.
* Conduct formal qualifications, mission training and evaluation of TA Pilots.
* Advise TA on all aspects of UH-60M employment.
* Work will primarily be performed in Xinshe, Taiwan and temporary work may be required at other locations in Taiwan to support training activities (field exercises, aerial gunnery, etc.).
* Must be previously qualified as an 15T UH-60M Repairer.
* Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience supervising or performing UH-60M maintenance.
* Must be able to conduct effective classroom and non-classroom formal and informal training to TA in their areas of expertise.
* Doctor#8217;s certification letter stating medically and emotionally fit for deployment and performance of the Security Assistance Team (SAT) mission under potentially austere, physically demanding, and stressful working conditions. This certification must state that the medical doctor has found no reasonably disqualifying factor during his interview, exam, and review of the SAT member#8217;s medical history that would prevent the team member#8217;s deployment.
* All team members require the following prior to deployment from CONUS: Current Physical (within 12 months of deployment), proof of a negative HIV test result performed within six months of deployment, and all immunizations required for U.S. personnel deploying to host nation.
* A satisfactory National Agency Check (NAC) background investigation or a current Security Clearance is required.
* Current passport.
* International driver#8217;s license.
* Attended Security Assistance Training Team Orientation Course (SATTOC) at USASATMO on Fort Bragg, NC within the past (12) months is desired.
SAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or other protected status.
Please See Job Description