Welder - Jacksonville, FL
Welder needed in Jacksonville, FLWorks under the direction of the Production Supervisor or Cell Lead with a minimum of supervision; performs a wide range of duties and assignments within the welding and assembly disciplines.
- Work from production work orders, blue prints, drawings, verbal instructions and program specifications to perform work according to schedule requirements.
- Perform diversified welding on a variety of components, sub-assemblies and limited tooling.
- Use appropriate care to block, clamp or hold parts in relative position to avoid distortion.
- Operate machines, regulate current and voltage for proper fusion of metals, and select electrode type and size.
- Obtain and hold certifications as required, for Fusion Welding, TIG, MIG, Stick, Spot Welding, etc.
- Work directly with manufacturing engineering with changes and problem solving.
- Make continuing improvements and work within LEAN guidelines for continuous process improvement.
- Assist other programs as necessary or directed.
- Maintain and service welding equipment as required by department standards.
- Maintain productivity and quality standards as determined by supervisor.
- Follow standard department and company practices and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Maintain records as required.
- Use safe working practices when handling materials and when using machines and hand tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 5-7 years#8217; experience and proficiency using Fusion Welding, TIG, MIG, Stick, and Spot Welding in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to weld vertically and horizontally.
- Experience with sheet metal and composites.
- Able to read all measuring instruments such as tape measure, calipers, mics, and levels.
- Must possess required welding certification through ANSI, AWS or other accredited organization.
- Ability to utilize appropriate safety equipment including welding gloves, jacket, helmet, goggles and other personal protective equipment as required.
- Lift at least 30 lbs., bending, stooping, kneeling and standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in somewhat undesirable working conditions.
- Exposed to odor, noise, dust, heat, cold, oil, fumes and other elements with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Ability to TIG Weld .050 thick tubing of 6061 & 6063 #8211; T6 Aluminum.
- Demonstrate welding capability by performing weldment on like tubing.
- Part-time normal and part-time concentrated attention and coordination required.
Please, give us a call @ 817-244-2125. We look forward to helping you find your next assignment; also please forward our information to your friends who might be interested as well.