Structural Mechanic I, Savannah GA
Structural Mech I Savannah, Georgia Full TimeJob ID 1710072673 DESCRIPTIONPDS Tech is seeking a Structural Mechanic I for an open position in Savannah, GA.In your role, you will:
- You will be In a team oriented work environment, under moderate supervision, perform a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensure parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine the sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, support the company 5S Program and comply with all safety regulations.
- Work under moderate supervision on duties and tasks.
- Support Lean Activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONSAs our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- One (1) year related structural assembly experience.
- Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints.
- Read and interpret scale.Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.
- Ability to work in a confined space on a daily basis.
Please email Earl Sawyer your current resume to email@example.com or contact me at 843-277-6616 for more information in regards to this opportunity. PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.