Principal NDT Quality Test Specialist
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Non-Destructive Testing Specialist in support of Quality Assurance at the Everett, WA Delivery Center. You will be recognized as a job expert within the company and act as a key member of a team NDI technicians using Ultrasonic, Radiographic and Eddy Current methods to evaluate and accept airframe and systems assemblies and components. In this role you are expected to serve as an organization spokesperson regarding advanced projects and programs. Your expertise acts as an advisor to management and customers regarding advanced technical research studies. Primary Responsibilities
- Perform setup for specialized non-destructive test or measurement equipment to controlled standards.
- Analyze test, inspection or statistical data to determine product and processes conformity.
- Lead in standard corrective action recommendations and resolve identified anomalies in both processes and products.
- Document and communicate standard test, analysis or measurement results.
- Report potential adverse trends or anomalous results.
- Contribute to NDI department in process improvement activities.
Additionally you will advise on advanced technology in non-destructive instrumentation and inspection principles and guide implementation of advanced inspection/test techniques. You will consult suppliers and customers to resolve technical issues involving tests, processes and equipment. Furthermore, you will participate on enterprise and industry teams to influence the standardization and regulation of training and certification requirements. Relocation available based on candidate eligibility. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Preferred Qualifications: Typical Education / Experience-AA degree in related discipline and typically 9 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Level III ASNT certification in three (3) methods highly preferred.
- Interest, ability, and motivation to acquire, or presently hold Level III ASNT certifications in Ultrasound, X-ray, and Eddy Current method highly preferred.
- Experience operating automated nondestructive inspection systems preferred.
- Experience inspecting Aerospace structures preferred.
- The candidate should possess the ability to learn and apply job practices and techniques to the nondestructive evaluation process (Ultrasonic, X-ray, Eddy Current, etc#8230;).
- The Candidate should be capable of learning the policies, processes and procedures, (i.e. ISO resources including documentation) as they apply to technical documentation to ensure quality of products.
- 1+ years of Composite Experience is a plus.
- Candidates should be available to work any shift based on the needs of the operation.
- Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Level 2 Certification per NAS410 in Penetrant Testing and Magnetic Particle Testing is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience performing or supervising nondestructive testing activities in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Level 2 Certification per NAS410 in Ultrasonic Testing, Radiographic Testing, and Eddy Current Testing is required.
- 1+ years of work experience with the ability to work in a production environment is required.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a #8220;US Person#8221; as defined by 22 C.F.R. #167;120.15 is required. #8220;US Person#8221; includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to FAA random drug and alcohol testing.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Quality - BCA
United States; The Boeing Company