1st shift position
- Perform removal, installation, and inspection functions of fuel cells and assembly, and installation of components such as fuel lines, hardware, and fittings on various aircraft.
- Analyze various aircraft sealing, structural, and assembly drawings, to detect seal level deficiencies.
- Diagnose results of leak test to detect drawing, specification, structural and assembly sealing errors. Recommend corrective action necessary to correct deficiencies.
- Perform disassembly and teardown operations of aircraft fuel systems and related components.
- Remove fuel cells and components from aircraft, following specific procedures and techniques. Prepare cavity for installation of fuel cells and components. Install fuel cells and components, following specific procedures and techniques.
- Use appropriate pressure test equipment, and make repairs as required.
- Check condition of fuel cells for any type of damage; and cavity, for condition of internal fittings.
- Work from operation sheets, diagrams, blueprints, engineering orders, mil-specs and verbal instructions.
- Work with jigs, fixtures, and various tooling, as operations require. Assist other aircraft mechanics as required.
- Maintain schedules and quality standards.
- Check work for completeness and accuracy. Notify supervision of any / all malfunctions, defects, and damages of equipment, material and product.
- Perform Production Accountability duties associated with the processing, verification, and quality auditing and inspection of assemblies, parts, and tooling for which the individual has been delegated production accountability.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
- May be required to work in other field#8217;s incidental to, and in connection with, completion of assignment. May be required to perform other related duties, as assigned.
Designated employees in this job classification may be required to handle, transport, and/or participate in clean-up of minor hazardous waste spills. Prior to performing any of the above activities, designated employees will have satisfactorily completed training in Hazardous Waste Handling.
- Minimum of at least 3 years previous experience on P-3 or C-130 fuel cells preferred
- Experience handling and disposing of minor hazardous materials.