Avionics Technician -Houston, TX
Avionics Technician needed in Houston, TX
Position Description:Hawkers, Lear, Falcon, Embraer Legacy, and Challengers.
The Avionics Technician troubleshoots and repairs (or sends out for repair) avionics systems that are malfunctioning in customer aircraft, and installs avionics systems and components. Directly and openly communicates with customers regarding the status and time frame of repairs. The Avionics Technician uses sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding installation, troubleshooting, and discrepancy resolution. The Avionics Technician is technically competent and is expected to be able to accomplish most of his/her duties with minimal supervision. As customers are on site at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
- Troubleshoots and repairs Flight Management Systems (FMS,) Satcom and Airborne Radio Telephone Systems, EGPWS/TAWS, communications, navigation, radar, TCAS/XPDR, DME, autopilot/flight director, audio, ADF, Cabin Management/In-flight Entertainment (IFE), and other sophisticated avionics/electronics systems.
- Installs avionics systems on customer aircraft.
- Maintains continuous communication with customers regarding the status of avionics work on their aircraft.
- Uses electrical hand tools, testing equipment, and soldering equipment.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other Standard Aero facilities as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- FCC license.
- A&P license preferred.
- Formal avionics systems and electronics education/training.
- Three to five years#8217; experience in electronics and/or avionics in the aviation industry or military equivalent.
We are currently offering: .50 per mile up to $200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, plus a $100.00 Monthly bonus!
Aviation Personnel offers great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, $100.00 referrals fees and FREE Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available!
Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Plus we have Travel and Retention on all of our openings as well.
Give us a call (817) 244-2125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
We look forward to helping you find your next assignment.