Avionics Technician, Dallas, TX
PDS is seeking an Avionics Technician MRO for an open position in Dallas, TX.
In your role, you will:
- Accomplish/supervise assigned avionics repair and installation tasks.
- Ensure proper and timely completion of all work assigned by shop supervisor.
- Ensure work order documentation is completed and up-todate as work is performed.
- Ensure all company and shop safety practices are followed.
- Have shop areas clean prior to the end of each shift.
- Maximize effective use of manpower.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are turned in or properly stored when not in use.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Read, write, and understand English.
- Perform basic arithmetic.
- Recognize and distinguish color coding on parts and tags.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
- Must have good or corrected vision.
- Must be able to understand basic terminology in job area.
- Must be able to understand operation of Ground support equipment and test equipment.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools and aircraft related tooling.
- Must be able to read and understand aircraft manuals, diagrams, and engineering drawings.
- FAA A&P license preferred.
- 3 to 5 yrs experience on Airbus and Boeing type aircraft.
- Proven supervisory abilities.