Position Summary: Technicians inspect, diagnose, install and repair avionics equipment under the direction of the Avionics Department Supervisor. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All duties and responsibilities will be conducted under the direct guidance of the Avionics Manager
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently isolate, to a component level, the defective part or parts causing the malfunction.
- Show a high degree of manual dexterity and craftsmanship, necessary in making quality repairs, to both aircraft and avionic boxes.
- Sign off work orders, parts requisitions, and maintenance release tags properly and completely.
- Assist with moving of aircraft, into and out of hangers.
- Interact with the customer/pilot, if necessary, in a professional and courteous manner.
- Always work with safety in mind.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years General Aviation Avionics
- Prior General Aviation and/or shop installation experience and training. (Collins, Honeywell, Garmin, Avidyne, Aspen, etc.).
- Prior field, hands on, troubleshooting repair service
- Possess a current FCC license or be eligible to acquire one, A&P a plus.
- Show ability, after a reasonable time, to acquire or qualify for a FAA repairman certificate.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs. in moving ramp test equipment.
- Knowledge of FAA Regulations
- Strong understanding of Aircraft Practices
- Have completed installations of upgraded equipment
- Skilled with reading and interpreting schematics and diagrams
- Performed wiring harness build-up and installations in aircraft
- Strong soldering skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills in electrical and pneumatic systems