Avionics System Engineer, Senior
HX5 is an award-winning provider of technical services to clients such as NASA and the DoD. Founded in 2004, HX5 is a fast-growing, small business with over 500 employees located across the US. HX5 is currently seeking an Engineering candidate to support the C-130 Foreign Military Sales Branch, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. This position requires a candidate that has understanding of the Department of Defense, Air Force and common engineering and scientific principles, processes and procedures to improve performance and sustainability of existing and future Air Force and joint service weapon systems. The candidate will work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program, perform all functional duties independently. Responsibilities:
- Be knowledgeable of avionics engineering in support of avionics subsystem definition, development, integration, verification methods, sustainment, modeling/simulation, test and evaluation, and airworthiness certification across a wide range of hardware and software systems.
- Support Aircraft Information Management Systems (AIMS) requirements, testing, certification and spectrum management requirements, testing and certification.
- Support and conduct systems analyses to include, but not be limited to, avionics system design, design feasibility and state-of-the-art assessment.
- Perform analyses of avionics and subsystems including, but not limited to: system threat analysis, laser systems, computer systems, avionics interfaces, and multiplex buss communications, and identify potential issues and/or areas of improvement.
- Assist with the development and testing of the program system hardware and software and its integration into the program system architecture
- Review and update the Operational, Safety, Suitability and Effectiveness (OSS&E) Baseline Document, and in identifying OSS&E elements, report progress of OSS&E metrics and interact with other organizations to ensure continued OSS&E compliance.
- Translate user requirements into weapon system requirements to be used to design, develop, fabricate, test and evaluate weapon systems, subsystem and equipment for eventual fielding and deployment.
- Develop requirements and technology needs into action plans and policies necessary to improve and retain world class manufacturing, operations, re-manufacturing and de-militarization and disposal of weapon system capabilities.
- Provide rapid response engineering service and support to Air Force resources through in-depth problem identification, impact assessment and development of corrective actions.
- Perform material solution analyses leading up to design reviews and produce or support development of draft documentation and presentation materials based on cost, schedule and performance.
- Provide support to produce or review to include, but not limited to technical plans, security plans, and other program/technical documents as required.
- Develop, collect and evaluate technical data and inputs for staff summary packages, executive briefings, Integrated Master Plans, Integrated Master Schedules, and Systems Engineering Detail Schedule (SEDS) engineering cost estimates.
- Analyze equipment and software deficiencies, recommend deficiency corrections for equipment and software, and develop, integrate, and test equipment and software deficiency solutions.
- Perform technical evaluations of proposals from prime aircraft contractors.
- Understand the Airworthiness (AW) Process and apply it to specific aircraft programs. Complete preparation of AW determinations and conduct Certification Working Groups (CERTWGs).
- Learn the FMS process and apply it to the acquisition process and requirements development.
- Prepare Performance Work Statements (PWSs), Notes to Buyer, Trial Kit Installation (TKI) MOAs. Understand the contracting process and what is needed to initiate an RFP.
- Understand the system engineering process to support the various reviews/tests: SRRs, PDRs, CDRs, TRRs, FCA/PCAs.
- Prepare and conduct briefings and papers to support engineering aspects of the program.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of functional area experience and an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited Bachelor#8217;s degree in engineering required.
- Must be a US citizen and successfully complete a US Government background check.
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance by start date and maintain it throughout employment in this position with HX5
- Be able to work in an office environment, often sitting for long periods of time and working on a computer for long periods of time.
- Be able to work independently
- Possess excellent communications skills
- *Must successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- **Must have the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance by date of start and maintain the clearance throughout employment with HX5 in this position.
- ***Must be willing to travel; this may include airline travel
HX5 offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off
HX5, LLC is an equal opportunity (M/F/D/V) and a Drug Free Workplace employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.