Job Summary:Under direct supervision of the Mechanical Team Lead or Senior Tech, assist with the inspection, maintenance and repair of customer aircraft. In this position, the employee will gain knowledge of and familiarity with the aircraft, with internal procedures for work completion and quality control, and with the ways in which multiple shops must work together to meet production goals.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Goals of the Aircraft Tech Trainee are to gain experience in the inspection and maintenance of various aircraft systems (airframe structural, electrical, hydraulic, fuel, landing gear, flight controls and rigging, engines, conditioned air, anti-ice, and other sub-systems).
- Make effective use of technical reference resources (maintenance and repair manuals, wiring diagrams, vendors and manufacturer communiques, etc.) as required to identify correct part numbers, procedures, and materials. Learn to find information.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements.
- Properly complete parts change sheets, work order sign-offs, shift turn-overs, and other paper work in a timely manner.
- Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications, and standard of quality.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely. Prevent damage to aircraft.
- Correctly and safely operate ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.).
- Assist Line Service with the movement and servicing of aircraft. Ensure that parts racks and cages remain near their respective aircraft.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Enrollment in an Airframe Powerplant license program preferred.
- Essential communication skills include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, and listening and
- computer keyboard skills.
- This client does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
- Must report with a valid form of identification
About Our Client:Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft.Today, they produces the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.About Us:APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.Benefits of working with APA Services:Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts. We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
See Job Description