Responsible for inspection, troubleshooting and repair of aircraft to meet company, FAA and customer standards. Ensure that aircraft is airworthy and ready to meet dispatch schedule. This includes:
- Maintain parts inventory in accordance with parts department procedures.
- Ensure that all parts are properly tagged and processed for repairs.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Control to ensure that all discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure the safeguarding of company assets (e.g. parts, aircraft, etc.)
- Check all mechanical components prior to installation to prevent damage.
- Comply with all airport security rules.
- Ability to operate all required ground support equipment.
Requirements Required Experience: Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Airframe and Power Plant License.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions.
- Thorough working knowledge of all current FAA Regulations.
- Thorough working knowledge and use of MM, IPC, SRM and other manufacturers repair and troubleshooting documents.
- Thorough working knowledge of blueprints, work orders and task cards to determine type of configuration and special instructions prior to installation.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft accessories, components and other hardware.
- Comprehensive knowledge of estimating hours and materials for completing projects.
- Complete knowledge of aircraft fasteners and applications.
- Complete knowledge of all related skill area machines, equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to install and rig aircraft flight control surfaces.
- Ability to operate aircraft systems.
- Ability to do engine "run-up" and "trim engines".