AP Aircraft Mechanic, Cessna Citiation UC35 - Andrews Air Force Base, MD
The following tasks are examples of the effort required to perform the duties outlined in the purpose of the position. The list is not all-inclusive. Aircraft Mechanic - Major work tasks/responsibilitiesa.Comply with written company maintenance and logistics procedures.b.Comply with FAA regulations as applicable.c.Know, understand and comply with the requirements outlined in the Life Cycle Contractor Support (LCCS) statement of work.d.Comply with aircraft records procedures and outlined in PTI GMMe.Ensure aircraft discrepancies are properly recorded and corrected in accordance with approved maintenance procedures and within the terms of the contract.f.Know and understand the functions and requirements of the Cescom computerized maintenance software.g.Maintain a clean and organized work area.h.Perform aircraft recovery missions as necessary.i.Deploy to overseas locations with unit aircraft to support operational requirements.j.Perform other duties assigned by PTI Management.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid FAA Aircraft & Power plant (A&P) license
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Shall possess adequate training and experience to perform engine run-ups & taxi operations
- Be physically able to deploy with unit aircraft to overseas locations.
- UC35 AM#8217;s must be able to qualify for and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Shall possess an appropriate driver#8217;s license covering tug and flight line vehicles as required by local regulations and authorities.
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain engine run/taxi qualification.
- Work is usually conducted in an office, warehouse and aircraft hangar atmosphere.
- Exposed to typical aircraft maintenance conditions such as engine noise, riveting, dust and chemical fumes, none of which to the extent of being intolerable. Hearing, vision and breathing protection provided in appropriate areas.
- Some exposure to elements of weather when traveling and/or commuting between buildings.
- May require extensive travel.
- Overtime may be required on occasion.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Normal physical exertion required for periods of working on foot or standing.
- Requires lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires kneeling on occasion in performance of duties.
- Requires ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and/or other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to push/pull, i.e.: open/close file cabinets and/or handle machinery is required.
- Requires the ability to reach above shoulder height in accomplishing job tasks.
- Requires the ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Sufficient vision required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires sustained periods of concentration.