Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics - Greensboro, NC
STS Technical Services is Hiring Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Performs complex assembly, fitting of detail parts, and installation at high level productivity rate within various manufacturing processes (i.e. sealant, fasteners, electric harnessing, and hydraulics). Assures parts assembly meets or exceeds specifications.
- Performs complex assembly, fitting of detail parts and structures, and installation throughout varied drilling and riveting operations
- Ensures parts/assembly meet or exceed requirements
- Performs routine and build tasks within assigned production area/position within time standards
- Meets task completion parameters as defined by management (with 100% accuracy in predefined timeframe)
- Completes special assignments and complex repairs as required
- Recommends solutions to a variety of related problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Teams with other associates in other functional areas to resolve #8220;stop work issues#8221; and to partner in projects
- May participate actively in the mentor program
- Trains others to perform tasks
- Proactively keeps supervisor/lead up to date on task/assignment status, issues, and/or delays
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Supports the company 5S program (Sort, Systematize, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain)
- Directs other on maintenance of the work area
- Participates and satisfactorily completes certification eligibility requirements for internal aircraft process specifications, and continuously meets recurrent training requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 8-12 years relevant experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above mentioned tasks
- A&P and/or other related licensure highly desired
- Requires the use of arithmetic, measuring instruments and blueprints
- Ability to read work orders, blueprints, and process specifications to follow sequence of planned operations and ability to recognize anomalies where they exist
- Ability to recommend changes that build efficiency on aircraft maintenance
- Advanced knowledge of the aircraft systems or components function
- Exhibits teamwork and strong work ethics
- Works with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates project leadership utilizing strong interpersonal skills and technical skill set
- Ability to work cross shifts, overtime, call in, call back, and on call duty if so requested by management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, and PowerPoint) strongly preferred
- Intermediate working knowledge of SAP and TCM manufacturing beginner level
- May be requested to travel nationally and internationally. Must be travel credential restriction free
- Handles HAZMAT material and disposal procedures per defined protocols
- Understands use, wears, and enforces required PPE within assigned work area/position
- Complies with all safety regulations
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you#8217;re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.