Aircraft Quality Control Inspectors - Marana, AZ
STS AeroStaff Services is currently hiring Aircraft Quality Control Inspectors for positions in Marana, Arizona.
Inspects aircraft parts/components and materials in accordance with proper procedures, methods, practices operations and safety. Reviews and audits technical records that support airworthiness of all aircraft, aircraft parts/components and in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR#8217;S).
- Researches technical data and performs inspection of hangered aircraft in heavy maintenance checks, of flightline/storage induction or reactivation and back shop repair/overhaul maintenance activities in accordance with applicable aircraft/component maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and client policies and procedures
- Enforces Quality Control standards for material receiving, shipping, storage, handling, repairs and overhaul to see that quality, allowable tolerances and other specifications and standards set by the client and the applicable manufacturer are met
- Performs inspection of aircraft components during their assembly, installation and adjustment phases of incorporation onto an aircraft to insure that the workmanship and materials conform to the aircraft manufacturers specifications and maintenance manual procedures
- Ensures that all Work-In-Progress is properly documented as to the worked performed and that corrective actions used, have the proper technical data references documented properly in the corrective action block and the work in progress steps
- Records all inspection data on the proper form, report and/or inspection tag and bring to the attention of the Lead Inspector any irregularities in the daily standard practices used that would cause injury to personnel or the aircraft unsafe or un-airworthy
- Performs maintenance work/repair of company equipment and general shop housecleaning
- Tests tightness of airframe connections with hand tools and utilizes flashlight and mirror to inspect fit of parts
- Examines assembly, installation, and adjustment of ailerons and rudders to ensure that workmanship and materials conform with Civil Air Regulations, company specifications, and manual procedures
- Determines accuracy of installation of components in power plant and hydraulic system using protractor, micrometer, calipers, and gauges to ensure that specified tolerances are met
- Signs inspection tag to approve unit, or records reasons for rejecting unit
- Logs inspections performed on aircraft
- Performs facility audits for safety and policy compliance
- Coordinates with customer representatives
- Performs duties of Lead Inspector in his/her absence
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager
- Performs maintenance duties away from base on temporary duty
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning
- Equipment Operated: ladders, stands, hi-lifts, flashlights, borescopes, magnifying glasses, standard office equipment
- Exposure to high intensity noise levels, changes in temperature, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery
- Must have 3 years#8217; heavy MRO maintenance (C & D checks) experience on Boeing 747, 767, 757
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required
- Skills in the use of computer systems, maintenance manuals, documentation systems and the Federal Aviation Regulations are required
- Three years#8217; experience in aircraft inspection preferred
- A&P License and valid driver#8217;s license required
- Requires standing on concrete floors for extended periods of time
- Requires sitting on work bench stool, aircraft flooring or other structural surface for extended periods of time
- Requires frequent walking from 15 to 150 feet to obtain parts and/or tools to accomplish task, bending, stooping, squatting, climbing, and reaching above shoulder level
- Requires occasional crawling, crouching, kneeling, and balancing
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying pushing or pulling weight up to 10 lbs.
- Requires occasional lifting of parts and materials from 10 to 50 lbs.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
- Requires corrected vision to 20/20 and hearing to normal range
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to the job and position
- Ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Ability to solve practical problems and have good verbal communication skills
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you#8217;re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job ID: 42998