Aircraft Mechanic Assemblers
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is actively searching for several Aircraft Mechanic Assemblers with 5 years of experience for a contract assignment in Texas. Perform any complicated assembly, installation or modification necessary to fabricate, join or otherwise manufacture aircraft lots. Line and major assemblies, section and complete aircraft or instruct, assist and coordinate a group of Aircraft Assembler Installers to perform simple and/or repetitive assembly. Installation, joining, or modification operation under general instructions of supervision. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure with an aerospace industry leader. Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Aircraft Mechanic Assemblers include the following:
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Make complicated installations such as hang wing, install engine, landing gear, join major sections and make set-ups in major jigs.
- Install or rig any fluids systems component and operationally test major fluids systems of aircraft.
- Perform a variety of sealing operations on aircraft.Perform a variety of duties to layout, fabricate, assemble, install, and functionally check electrical wiring, complicated electrical harnesses, packages, and components of electrical systems on aircraft.
- Lay out, fabricate, assemble, install and incorporate a variety of modifications on sheet metal parts, assemblies and sections of aircraft.
- Shakedown complete aircraft, sections, or areas, and make mechanical repairs and replacements where necessary.
- May fabricate shop aid tools.
- Inspect visually, physically and by instruments any assembly installation on aircraft.
- Perform duties associated with the processing, fabrication, verification and inspection of assemblies. Check and or inspect work performed by group against blueprints, OlS's and related information sources for completeness and workmanship.
- Perform difficult rework and salvage work and fabricate sheet metal detailed parts when required.
- Detect and correct faulty set-up in jigs and notify supervisor of anticipated or existing shortages.
- May occasionally perform hydraulic, fuel, or electrical assembly operations such as continuity checks, including operation of hand pump.
- Keep flow of work to schedule, maintain quality standards, keep necessary records.
- Shipping of end items as required.
- Refer unusual problems to supervisor.
- Assist beginner assemblers as needed.
- Perform duties as outlined in all lower classifications.
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
High School or GED5 years of experience